[ Transportation Planner ] [ Transportation Modeling Data Analyst ]
SPC seeks a full time Transportation Planner with experience in traffic operations, safety planning and traffic engineering to assist with regional programs including the congestion management process, intelligent transportation systems, road safety audits, traffic signal upgrade program, and other related planning efforts.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of knowledge, skills, and abilities including project management, strong oral and written communication abilities, strong database/computer skills, and analytical and organizational skills. Experience working for a Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), Regional Planning Commission or similar regional planning agency is preferred, but not required.
- Update, maintain, and manage data associated with the Congestion Management Process
- Assist with planning studies and other work developed through the Regional Traffic Signal Program and Intelligent Transportation Initiatives.
- Participate on Road Safety Audits teams on various corridors in the region
- Process, update, and manage program files and safety data from available regional and statewide sources
- Assist in the update and implementation of the Regional Operations Plan and the Regional Safety Plan.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager
- Bachelor's degree in Planning, Civil Engineering, or other closely related field.
- At least 1-5 years of experience in roadway safety related planning/implementation or traffic engineering
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects and work with federal and state officials on a regular basis.
Visit www.spcregion.org for more information. For consideration, pleases send letter of interest, resume, and salary history to email@example.com
[ top ]
Transportation Modeling Data Analyst
Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission (SPC) is seeking a technical specialist with strong background in database development, data analysis, computer programming, and computer modeling for transportation and land use planning, programming and forecasting activity. Experience using demographic, economic, and transportation demand forecasting models. Stellar math and analytical skills essential. Familiarity with federal/state transportation planning, programming and modeling process.
Experience with economic development impact assessment tools and demographic forecasting techniques.
- Compiles, organizes, enters and analyzes data needed for various transportation, economic development and air quality programs and special studies.
- Develops and maintains population, employment, and travel demand models to forecast, analyze, and visualize large data sets.
- Coordinates and facilitates the Commission’s participation in traffic forecast studies.
- Serves as a liaison with outside consultants.
- Organizes and attends meetings related to ongoing transportation studies or reports.
- Prepares and presents reports.
- Master’s degree in Urban and Regional Planning, Geography, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or other closely related field preferred.
- At least 2 years of forecasting and/or travel demand modeling experience.
- Proficient in ESRI’s ArcView, ArcGIS, or other GIS software packages.
- Knowledge of travel demand modeling methods and practice.
- Skill in developing work products using the Microsoft Office suite of software products.
- Understanding of statistical methods and data sampling techniques.
- Knowledge of demographic and land use forecasting methods
- Experience with one or more computer programming languages such as Python, Visual Basic, C++ or similar
- Proven ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to analyze complex issues and present results in concise reports and presentations.
Please send letter of interest, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit www.spcregion.org for more information.
[ top ]