Receptionist / Administrative Assistant I
General Purpose: Perform wide range of reception/administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, assists staff with various committees including advance mail outs, developing meeting summaries, organizing/maintaining paper/electronic files or providing information to callers in support of members of department.
- Answers reception desk telephone & gives information to callers, take messages or transfers calls to appropriate individuals & perform follow-up as needed.
- Greets and welcomes visitors, determines nature of business, and directs visitors to appropriate person.
- Opens incoming mail and routes mail to appropriate staff.
- Processes outgoing agency mail.
- Answers routine correspondence.
- Composes and distributes meeting notices and notes, correspondence, reports, etc.
- Schedules appointments. Maintains electronic calendar and coordinates conferences and meetings.
- Locates and attaches appropriate file to incoming correspondence requiring reply.
- Files correspondence and other records.
- Makes copies of correspondence and other printed matter.
- Compiles and maintains lists and records.
- Compiles and types statistical reports.
- Mails, faxes, emails and scans various correspondence.
- Orders and dispenses supplies.
- Develops meeting summaries/minutes as requested.
- Support public outreach/involvement activities.
- Provide administrative support to all members of assigned Department.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager/Executive Director.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- High School graduate.
- At least 2 years of related experience.
- General computer skills with the ability to learn new software applications.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and answering a multiline phone system.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
[ top ]
Transportation Safety Planner /Civil Engineer
Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission (SPC), Pittsburgh, PA
SPC seeks a full time Transportation Safety Planner /Civil Engineer with experience in traffic operations, safety planning and traffic engineering to assist with regional programs including the congestion management process, intelligent transportation systems, road safety audits, traffic signal upgrade program, and other related planning efforts.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of knowledge, skills, and abilities including project management, strong oral and written communication abilities, and analytical and organizational skills. Experience working for a Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), Regional Planning Commission or similar regional planning agency is preferred, but not required.
- Developing and updating of the Regional Safety Planning documents
- Participating and leading Road Safety Audits teams on various corridors in the region
- Maintaining existing and establishing new area-based Traffic Incident Management teams, including coordination of training exercises and After Action Reviews
- Processing, updating, and managing program files and safety data from available regional and statewide sources
- Establishing a Regional Safety Corridor Pilot Project and Regional Safety Program by working with state and federal funding agencies. Prepare and coordinate scope of the program, necessary funding agreements, board resolutions, requests for proposals/qualifications and other documents to establish and maintain the program.
- Work with other SPC staff and regional stakeholders to finalize detailed project by project scope and plans for Regional Safety Program.
- Bachelor's degree in Planning, Engineering, or other closely related field. Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in roadway safety related planning/implementation or traffic engineering
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects and work with federal and state officials on a regular basis.
For consideration, pleases send letter of interest, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
[ top ]