[ Transportation Planning Director ] [ Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst ]
Transportation Planning Director
Lead staff of transportation planning department for the 10-County Southwestern PA Commission with offices in Pittsburgh, PA, a 7200 square mile region with a population of approximately 2.6 million. The position is responsible for leadership of transportation technical committee and other advisory committees in development of the Transportation Improvement Program, Long Range Transportation Plan, UPWP and other MPO functions. The position requires very strong technical leadership and communication skills to coordinate with numerous local, state and federal officials, regional authorities, stakeholders, business and civic organizations. Experience working with diverse constituencies including urban, suburban, rural, as well as multiple modal representatives and advocate interests, public and private.
Incumbent is retiring after a successful career including national awards for planning process and recognition by his peers. The Commission seeks a highly skilled professional with recognized credentials and a track record of innovation and forward thinking, inclusive, team-oriented approach to transportation planning in a diverse region of urban, suburban and rural communities. Position includes oversight of computer modeling and database management and forecasting systems, air quality conformity functions, multimodal planning, operations, ITS, transit planning, ridesharing, and other related functions.
Must have a strong working knowledge of current federal transportation planning requirements, demonstrated technical and administrative competency and ability to manage staff responsibilities within deadlines on time and on budget.
The Commission is an MPO, a Local Development District for the Appalachian Regional Commission, an Economic Development District and manages additional programs for its state and member governments, including responsibilities as an area loan organization small business, and a regional water resources center. The transportation planning director reports directly to the Executive Director.
Masters degree in planning, engineering or other closely related field with at least ten years of experience including management experience, at least two years of which should be working with public officials at all levels. AICP certification/PE certification and multi-county regional agency experience desirable.
See http://www.spcregion.org for more information about the Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission. Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter in confidence to Meghan Zulick, HR Coordinator, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary commensurate. Position is open until filled.
SPC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
[ top ]
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst
SPC is currently seeking a GIS Analyst to assist in the development, and distribution of geospatial data, applications and associated products for the SPC’s 10-county regional GIS. This position will support the various transportation, planning and economic development projects and programs at SPC, along with expanding partnerships to the region’s member governments and planning partners.
- Updates and maintains the data components and applications of the GIS applying additional knowledge of spatial feature representation.
- Assists in the designing, developing, and converting spatial databases, GIS coverage’s, GIS applications, cartographic products, standard procedures and documentation for data.
- Reviews existing and incoming data for currency, accuracy, usefulness, quality, and documentation.
- Meets with users to develop system or project requirements.
- Provides addition data collection through the Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Oversees entry of data into database, including application, keyboard entry, manual digitizing, scanning, and automatic conversion.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, Remote Sensing, Cartography, Planning, Computer Science, Civil Engineering or related field.
- At least 6 months of related experience working with ESRI GIS software.
- Experience and/or training in cartography, remote sensing, and map analysis.
Salary commensurate with experience/qualifications.
Email confidential resume, salary history and 3 references to: email@example.com
SPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
[ top ]