[ Transportation Planner ]
SPC seeks a full time Transportation Planner with experience in traffic operations, safety planning and traffic engineering to assist with regional programs including the congestion management process, intelligent transportation systems, road safety audits, traffic signal upgrade program, and other related planning efforts.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of knowledge, skills, and abilities including project management, strong oral and written communication abilities, strong database/computer skills, and analytical and organizational skills. Experience working for a Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), Regional Planning Commission or similar regional planning agency is preferred, but not required.
- Update, maintain, and manage data associated with the Congestion Management Process
- Assist with planning studies and other work developed through the Regional Traffic Signal Program and Intelligent Transportation Initiatives.
- Participate on Road Safety Audits teams on various corridors in the region
- Process, update, and manage program files and safety data from available regional and statewide sources
- Assist in the update and implementation of the Regional Operations Plan and the Regional Safety Plan.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager
- Bachelor's degree in Planning, Civil Engineering, or other closely related field.
- At least 1-5 years of experience in roadway safety related planning/implementation or traffic engineering
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects and work with federal and state officials on a regular basis.
Visit www.spcregion.org for more information. For consideration, pleases send letter of interest, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org
[ top ]