Transportation Safety Planner /Civil Engineer
Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission (SPC), Pittsburgh, PA
SPC seeks a full time Transportation Safety Planner /Civil Engineer with experience in traffic operations, safety planning and traffic engineering to assist with regional programs including the congestion management process, intelligent transportation systems, road safety audits, traffic signal upgrade program, and other related planning efforts.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of knowledge, skills, and abilities including project management, strong oral and written communication abilities, and analytical and organizational skills. Experience working for a Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), Regional Planning Commission or similar regional planning agency is preferred, but not required.
- Developing and updating of the Regional Safety Planning documents
- Participating and leading Road Safety Audits teams on various corridors in the region
- Maintaining existing and establishing new area-based Traffic Incident Management teams, including coordination of training exercises and After Action Reviews
- Processing, updating, and managing program files and safety data from available regional and statewide sources
- Establishing a Regional Safety Corridor Pilot Project and Regional Safety Program by working with state and federal funding agencies. Prepare and coordinate scope of the program, necessary funding agreements, board resolutions, requests for proposals/qualifications and other documents to establish and maintain the program.
- Work with other SPC staff and regional stakeholders to finalize detailed project by project scope and plans for Regional Safety Program.
- Bachelor's degree in Planning, Engineering, or other closely related field. Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in roadway safety related planning/implementation or traffic engineering
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects and work with federal and state officials on a regular basis.
For consideration, pleases send letter of interest, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
[ top ]