[ Transportation Travel Demand Modeler ] [ Transportation Planner ] [ Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst ]
Transportation Travel Demand Modeler
Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission (SPC) in Pittsburgh is seeking a technical specialist with a strong background in travel demand modeling, database development, data analysis and computer programming for transportation planning and forecasting activity. Experience using GIS software and demographic, economic, and transportation demand forecasting models. Stellar math and analytical skills essential. Familiarity with federal/state transportation planning, programming and modeling process. Competitive salary and benefits.
- Compiles and organizes tabular and spatial data needed for transportation, economic development and air quality modeling and special studies.
- Develops, maintains, and runs SPC's travel demand models.
- Analyzes model outputs. Prepares maps, tables, graphs, and plots of results.
- Coordinates and facilitates the Commission’s participation in traffic forecast studies.
- Serves as a liaison with outside consultants.
- Organizes and attends meetings related to ongoing transportation studies or reports.
- Prepares and presents written, oral, and visual reports.
- Master’s degree in Urban and Regional Planning, Geography, Information Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or other closely related field.
- At least 2 years of travel demand modeling experience.
- Proficient with GIS software.
- Solid understanding of travel demand modeling methods and practice.
- Experience with economic development impact assessment tools and demographic forecasting techniques.
- Understanding of statistical methods and data sampling techniques.
- Demonstrated experience developing transportation modeling applications using computer programming languages such as Python, R, Visual Basic, C++ or similar
- Experience with relational database development and analysis using SQL, Access, or other database software.
- Proven ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to analyze complex issues and present results in concise reports and presentations.
Please send letter of interest, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org
SPC provides competitive compensation, including an excellent benefits package, flex-time, mileage reimbursement, holiday/vacation pay and more.
[ top ]
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst
Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission seeks a Geographic Information System (GIS) Analyst to assist in the development, and distribution of geospatial data, applications and associated products for the SPC’s 10-county regional GIS. The position will support the various transportation and economic development planning, projects and programs at SPC.
- Create, modify, maintain, and analyze geospatial datasets.
- Perform spatial analysis for reports, graphics, and maps in support of projects and programs.
- Review existing and incoming data for currency, accuracy, usefulness, and quality
- Design and develop standard procedures for converting and documenting geospatial data.
- Design and develop high quality cartographic products.
- Design and implement web maps in collaboration with agency staff.
- Meet with internal users and data partners as assigned to define data needs, project requirements, and required end products.
- Design and edit custom queries, scripts and other methods to meet user needs
- Provides additional data collection through the Global Positioning System (GPS) when required
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree in GIS / Geography, Planning, or other closely related field.
- At least 6 months of direct experience working with ESRI GIS software.
- Experience and/or training in cartography, remote sensing, and map analysis.
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and analytical skills.
- Must have computer skills including proficiency in conducting data analysis
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Pro applications a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience/qualifications.
Email confidential resume to: email@example.com
[ top ]