Small Business Loans
SPC’s Commercial Lending program works with entrepreneurs to assist them in starting, developing and expanding their businesses. SPC can make loans and provide assistance to high tech, oil and gas, agricultural, tourism, recycling, manufactures, many additional types of for profit companies.
If you are interested in financing your business’s expansion project through SPC, we would encourage you to visit https://spcregion.portfol.com/Workflow/, register your business for a free account, and complete our pre-application questionnaire. Once complete, SPC staff will review your questionnaire, and reach out to you to discuss your project in further detail.
- Commercial Lending Program Overview
- Pennsylvania Industrial Development Authority (PIDA) Loan Fund Overview
- Revolving Loan Fund Overview
Loan Review Committee
Our Loan Review Committee meets on a monthly basis to review applications and make recommendations to the SPC Board of Directors, which makes the final decision on a loan approval. Please note that most loans funded through the Pennsylvania Industrial Development Authority (PIDA) require the Commonwealth’s approval as well.
City of Pittsburgh
SPC’s Export Development Program seeks to create and retain jobs by assisting local business growth through export sales. SPC’s Export Development staff offer consultative services to small and medium-sized companies.
In addition, SPC works with a global network of Authorized Trade Representatives covering over fifty countries. We provide a wide range of services including market research and market entry strategies.
For additional information, visit https://dced.pa.gov/business-assistance/international/trade/
SPC also works closely with various organizations in the region to promote exports and international trade.
- Department of Community and Economic Development, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Duquesne University SBDC
- Saint Vincent College SBDC, Center for Global Competitiveness
- University of Pittsburgh Small Business Development Center
- U.S. Department of Commerce, U.S. Commercial Service
- U.S. Appalachian Regional Commission
SPC’s APEX Accelerator program helps companies in the region with their efforts to market to and contract with federal, state and local government agencies. SPC provides one-on-one counseling and training with an emphasis on small businesses with minority, female or service-disabled veteran owners to help facilitate their participation in the government marketplace.
SPC shares a Department of Defense (DOD) Cooperative Agreement Grant with Indiana University of Pennsylvania that enables maximum effectiveness with limited resources. The following organizations assisted in our Government Procurement Assistance program:
- Department of Defense (DOD)
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- Minority Purchasing Council
- Minority Business Opportunity Committee
- PA Department of General Services
- PA Department of Community and Economic Development
- Local Small Business Development Centers
- Department of Energy (DOE)
- Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
This procurement technical assistance center is funded in part through a PTAP cooperative agreement with the Defense Logistics Agency.
Sign up for counseling from SPC’s APEX Accelerator Program.
Keystone Opportunity Zones
KOZ, or Keystone Opportunity Zones, are commercial, industrial and residential sites where most state and local taxes have been eliminated. For more information visit: https://dced.pa.gov/business-assistance/keystone-opportunity-zones/