Transportation Demand Management (TDM)
Together, we can create significant movement in TDM initiatives.
View our Strategic Action Plan
Transportation demand management focuses on the decisions that people and businesses make every day about how they travel. Managing travel demand involves providing travelers with information, options, and incentives that expand travel choices beyond driving alone, such as use of transit, ridesharing, bicycling, walking, and teleworking. For those who drive, it also involves shifting travel to less congested times or routes, or avoiding trips entirely in order to reduce traffic congestion, improve system efficiency, and enhance quality of life.
TDM Action Plan
This plan establishes and prioritizes goals and strategies, building upon existing efforts and programs to improve mobility options by:
- Maximizing the efficiency of the region’s existing infrastructure.
- Better integrating TDM initiatives with regional and local transportation planning.
- Developing focused TDM planning strategies into operations and safety, sustainability as well as economic and community vitality.
- Enhancing the region’s existing communities by supporting connections to transit, walking and bicycling.
- Coordinating TDM activities among all of the region’s TDM implementers and stakeholders in order to maximize investment and to deliver consistent, complimentary strategies.
This plan also supports and implements the vision, policies and goals in the region’s Long-Range Transportation Plan, SmartMoves for a Changing Region
- Transportation Demand Management Strategic Action Plan Documents
- Kick-Off Meeting Download
- Existing Conditions Memorandum
- Best Practices Summary Report
- Visioning Workshop Slides
- TDM Vision Statements and Goals
- Stakeholder Survey Summary
- Priority Setting Workshop Slides
- Assessment of Performance Criteria
- Strategic Priorities and TDM Activities Interim Report
- Draft regional TDM Action Plan
- Transportation Demand Management Strategic Action Plan
Manager, TDM Program
(412) 391-5591 x0375